Sun, 12 May|
Breastfeeding and Newborn Preparation Class
Reduce anxiety around breastfeeding and understanding what your newborn wants and needs from you.
Time & Location
12 May 2024, 9:30 am – 11:30 am AWST
Duncraig, Duncraig WA 6023, Australia
About The Event
Taught by a mother, midwife, and IBCLC. Learn about breastfeeding and your newborn, to reduce the anxiety of the unknown.
The information I present is based on 5+ years of seeing parents struggling with breastfeeding and the most common issues/questions they pretty much all have with breastfeeding, understanding their newborn, and coping with the postnatal period
Topics include: Topics we will discuss:
* What should be done immediately after birth to optimise breastfeeding and bonding
* Good breastfeeding positioning and attachment (the key to decreasing potential pain and increasing supply)
* What is normal, and what is not - for both breastfeeding and newborn behaviour
* How to know baby is getting enough and how to make more if needed
* A plan for your first 6 weeks post birth
* Expressing for work or time away
* Common myths and issues, and what to do to fix them - including colic, reflux, and gas
* Why babies behave like they do - understanding their cues
* How to maximise opportunities to sleep
* Parents self care
* And much more!
- Ticket type
This ticket is good for the birthing mother and a support person (it does not have to be the father of the baby)Price$70.00